Home :: View All Articles
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Google Chrome?
Published: August 4, 2012
Launched in 2008, Google Chrome is a free web browser created by Google that uses the WebKit layout engine. Google Chrome is known for its very simplistic and minimalistic design and touted as the fastest browser out there. Google Chrome is currently the most widely used web browser with a worldwide usage of approximately 33%.
Here are Advantages and Disadvantages of Google Chrome:
- Chrome is an extremely fast web browser; it loads and displays pages very quickly.
- You can drag tabs out into separate windows, without difficulty, and back in again with your mouse.
- Google Chrome has a very basic, simple design, making it easy to use.
- The start-up page lists the most frequent pages you’ve visited and allows you to click and access them with ease.
- Chrome automatically translates pages into a language you understand for your convenience.
- You can search the internet through your address bar at any time.
- If a site crashes on one of your tabs, other open tabs will not be affected.
You may browse the internet without being logged using Chrome’s new private feature: Incognito.
- Unlike Firefox and Safari, you can alter the colour and theme of the browser.
- Chrome is faster than Explorer and FireFox.
- Chrome takes only seconds to install.
- Chrome uses up a lot of memory (RAM) when running it.
- If you accidently close the browser, Chrome will close all the tabs opened without warning.