Tricks and tips while building a high end gaming system.
Published: February 4, 2009
Here are step by step instructions for assembling high gaming end systems.
- We have chosen to use the Antec Twelve Hundred case. This is a full tower case with three fans that glow blue from the front of the case. All fans are adjustable from the front of the case. The case also includes a rear fan and a 200mm fan on the top of the case. These fans can be adjusted from the rear of the case. The side of the case is see through and can accommodate another fan.
- After taking the case out of the box, remove both sides by removing the thumb screws. Then remove the bottom hard drive bays by removing the thumb screws on both sides.
- The bay can then be removed by sliding it through the front of the case. This bay has a box of screws and accessories that has been taped to the bay.
- Install your hard drive(s) in the bay. In this case we used four 1TB Seagate SATA drives. We installed two drives in the lower bay and two drives in the upper bay.
- The next step is to untangle all of the cable inside the case.
- Next install the CPU on the motherboard. In this case we used a Core I7-920 and a Asus P6T Deluxe X58 motherboard.
- The heat sink requires that all four posts to be snapped into the motherboard. This is much easier to do before the board is installed.
- Now snap the back plate that came with the motherboard onto the back of the Antec case.
- Add three more motherboard mounting posts onto the case. These simply screw on to the case.
- Place the motherboard in the case and secure with screws.
- Install the LG 22x SATA burner. Simply remove the cover plate from the top of the case then screw the LG 22x SATA burner in place.
- Route the cables for the front of the case through the back side of the case.
- Tie the cables together with tie wraps.
- Connect the cables to the motherboard.
- Use the tie wraps to tie up any other cables that are in the box. Since this is a gaming system with a see through side you need to try to tie all the cables away from the motherboard.
- Next install the Antec TPW-1000W power supply. Connect the power supply to the motherboard using the 24pin and 8pin connectors.
- Install the ASUS VCX GTX280 1GB video card in the first PCI-E slot and connect the appropriate power cables.
- Connect the appropriate cables for the case fans, hard drives and LG DVD burner to the TPW-1000.
- Using tie wraps and straps included with the Antec Twelve Hundred, tie up all the power cables.
- Install the OCZ 1600 DDR3 -1600 memory.
- Now turn on the system and install the O/S.
- Once you know everything is working and all the cables are tied replace the sides of the Antec case and secure with thumb screws.
About the Author
Evan Freedman is an author for The Computer Geek Custom Web Page Design and for CSSZafco.com, distributor of computers and accessories. Evan has been diagnosing and fixing computer for over 25 years. Please visit the site to view a huge assortment of Computer Technology.
Published: January 19, firstname.lastname@example.org If you're looking for a Joomla expert, look no fur
If you're looking for a Joomla expert, look no further. We hired The Computer Geek to migrate our Joomla site last summer. The move was smooth and successful with no down time at all. I've contacted Rich with various web development issues since then and he's always found the solution. Exceptional service at competitive prices.
Published: January 8, email@example.com
Rich was friendly & immediately helpful. Couldn't
Rich was friendly & immediately helpful. Couldn't get into my website to update it & had let the situation drag on for months. Clicked on this website & Rich was friendly & immediately helpful, said he could sort things out and did so with promptness & efficiency - not rushing off afterwards, but taking time to make sure the job was done properly. I'd certainly use this company again when I next have a problem. Well worth $120.
Published: January 4, firstname.lastname@example.org
"If you have a problem with your website, or want
"If you have a problem with your website, or want to add some special functionality, you need to deal with someone you can trust who will fix your problem without making things worse. Finding someone like this is risky. How do you know he or she can do the job? How do you know you won't be left hanging? From our direct experience you can place your trust in these guys. The word 'fantastic' is much over-used these day but these people really are fantastic. Coming fresh into our site and knowing nothing about the specific software we were using, within minutes they were fixing issues. Frankly, I have no idea how you get this good. It's almost super-human. And when they hit a speed-bump, they don't turn around and place the onus on you like many specialists or blame someone else: they just fix it and move on. I trusted our entire site to them - more than 100 man-years of content - and within days we were completely fixed."
Published: December 22, email@example.com
Our website has an interface to another firm'
Our website has an interface to another firm's website so that prospective clients can leave their contact information for follow-up and tracking. This important hand-off function stopped working. I found Rich at The Computer Geek via search. He fixed this problem the same day, and improved the screen appearance for the prospective clients as well. The whole process was fast and efficient. I recommend this organization.
Published: October 31, firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, Rich and his team have done it again!
Once again, Rich and his team have done it again! My outofbodies.com band website needed a quick fix that I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do - and Rich took care of it! I will always come back to these guys - they're beyond great! They're friendly, thorough and quick! Got me up and running - I highly recommend them!
Published: October 23, email@example.com
I am still learning how to navigate around WordPre
I am still learning how to navigate around WordPress but I LOVE the new site Rich! You guys did a great job! I appreciate your patience with me and your professionalism. I'm sure I will have questions and need your help down the road but in the meantime I will refer your services to anyone I know looking for web help.
Published: September 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
My sites were hacked on July 22nd and Bluehost shu
My sites were hacked on July 22nd and Bluehost shut them all down till I could get them cleaned. It couldn't happen at a worse time. I didn't have the time, money or patience to deal with any of it, so I let them sit dead for 6 weeks. I wasn't happy with the company Bluehost recommended to fix them, so I spent that time looking around for other solutions.
That brought me to computer-geek. I spent time looking through everything and must have read nearly 100 testimonials. I was sold, but still didn't feel like dealing with my sites.
When I finally contacted CG, I worked with Rich Agnew to get everything going. Loved working with him. He was patient, explained things well and within minutes of sending him a startup fee he was working on the sites. Within 24 hours everything was back up and running again.
25 years ago I walked away from computer consulting. I know what a chore it can be both fixing things and working with customers to get that done. Might be why I just let things sit for 6 weeks, didn't feel like reliving any of that.
Working with Rich got rid of all the hesitancy I had. If something ever goes wrong again, the only thing that would stop me from calling CG immediately would be cash flow. I'll call them ASAP once that is resolved. If my sites ever progress from hobby sites to money makers, I'll be contacting CG to see what else they can do.
I highly recommend anyone reading this that needs help to do the same.
Published: August 24, email@example.com
I highly recommend Computer Geek. They responded quickly and are very easy to work with. Rich really took the time to listen and then gave me a quote before the work was started. I will use them again and again.
Published: August 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone running a small business these days knows t
Anyone running a small business these days knows that Digital marketing is the back bone of any service related business and it's something we've struggled with for years before connecting with Rich. The Computer Geek Web Development & Hosting have helped us gain a competitive edge in our field and Rich has been so easy to deal with and he really knows what he's doing. Even in a tough year like COVID-19 our sales are up from last year. We would like to think Rich And his team for implementing all the changes that we needed for our website with such successful results.
Published: July 24, email@example.com
Richard (The Computer Geek) has been extremely prompt with his replies, honest, very cordial, and most importantly, gets the job done quickly and professionally - a dream come true. He fixed my website in a day and I am so grateful. I've dealt with developers who charge an arm and a leg, but his fees are very fair. I've felt very comfortable working with Richard, and highly recommend him without any reservation.
[Read More Testimonials Here]
Latest Website Related Articles
How Will People Find My WebsitePublished: January 10, 2021
Once you've got your website fully finished and running smoothly, the first thing you're going to want to do is show people your website. Of course if you have a physical location for your business, you can tell customers about the site and put...[Read More]
Can My Website Have a Shopping CartPublished: December 27, 2020
Having a website is a must if you're running your own business these days. They're great for showing off your work, communicating with clients, and selling your products! There's no better way to sell your products than directly to your custome...[Read More]
Here are some links to related topics:
fix my dos attack, php company, zen cart programming, zen cart hacked, bluehost hacked, bluehost account hacked,