Tricks and tips while building a high end gaming system.
Published: February 4, 2009
Here are step by step instructions for assembling high gaming end systems.
- We have chosen to use the Antec Twelve Hundred case. This is a full tower case with three fans that glow blue from the front of the case. All fans are adjustable from the front of the case. The case also includes a rear fan and a 200mm fan on the top of the case. These fans can be adjusted from the rear of the case. The side of the case is see through and can accommodate another fan.
- After taking the case out of the box, remove both sides by removing the thumb screws. Then remove the bottom hard drive bays by removing the thumb screws on both sides.
- The bay can then be removed by sliding it through the front of the case. This bay has a box of screws and accessories that has been taped to the bay.
- Install your hard drive(s) in the bay. In this case we used four 1TB Seagate SATA drives. We installed two drives in the lower bay and two drives in the upper bay.
- The next step is to untangle all of the cable inside the case.
- Next install the CPU on the motherboard. In this case we used a Core I7-920 and a Asus P6T Deluxe X58 motherboard.
- The heat sink requires that all four posts to be snapped into the motherboard. This is much easier to do before the board is installed.
- Now snap the back plate that came with the motherboard onto the back of the Antec case.
- Add three more motherboard mounting posts onto the case. These simply screw on to the case.
- Place the motherboard in the case and secure with screws.
- Install the LG 22x SATA burner. Simply remove the cover plate from the top of the case then screw the LG 22x SATA burner in place.
- Route the cables for the front of the case through the back side of the case.
- Tie the cables together with tie wraps.
- Connect the cables to the motherboard.
- Use the tie wraps to tie up any other cables that are in the box. Since this is a gaming system with a see through side you need to try to tie all the cables away from the motherboard.
- Next install the Antec TPW-1000W power supply. Connect the power supply to the motherboard using the 24pin and 8pin connectors.
- Install the ASUS VCX GTX280 1GB video card in the first PCI-E slot and connect the appropriate power cables.
- Connect the appropriate cables for the case fans, hard drives and LG DVD burner to the TPW-1000.
- Using tie wraps and straps included with the Antec Twelve Hundred, tie up all the power cables.
- Install the OCZ 1600 DDR3 -1600 memory.
- Now turn on the system and install the O/S.
- Once you know everything is working and all the cables are tied replace the sides of the Antec case and secure with thumb screws.
About the Author
Evan Freedman is an author for The Computer Geek Custom Web Page Design and for CSSZafco.com, distributor of computers and accessories. Evan has been diagnosing and fixing computer for over 25 years. Please visit the site to view a huge assortment of Computer Technology.
Published: July 2, firstname.lastname@example.org
I've built and managed my websites for several yea
I've built and managed my websites for several years but recently reached a point where my website was running so slowly that I had no idea where to turn. I discovered the Computer Geek website and took a chance of trusting the other great reviews there. I met Rich through the chat service on the site and he was very responsive. Within an hour of him having access to my site, he was working on the problem. He improved my site speed and identified the next steps I would need to improve the speed substantially. I highly recommend this service! Quick response, knowledgeable, reasonable rates, and available on an as-needed basis (no contract). I now have a "computer guy"! Thanks, Rich!
Published: June 19, email@example.com
Very fast, professional service with excellent com
Very fast, professional service with excellent communication throughout. Service exceeded my expectation, and the end result was just what I needed.
Published: June 5, firstname.lastname@example.org
My large Drupal 8 site was down for 5 days. I cont
My large Drupal 8 site was down for 5 days. I contacted Rich on a Friday evening at 2200 hrs CET, provided the access codes and less than 30 minutes later it was fixed. I have been online since 2003 and I have never seen work like this, Rich is a true Pro and I will definitely recommend Computer Geeks to all friends and colleagues. Many thanks, Jeremy - UK
Published: July 27, email@example.com
We were in a pinch and needed a new website built
We were in a pinch and needed a new website built fast. We stumbled upon The Computer Geek and reached out to them for a consultation. After the first call we felt it was a no brainier to go with them to build our site. The professionalism was second to none. Rich and his team built our new site with lightning speed and provided exceptional communication. We love the new website! Thank you for your professionalism, amazing communication, and always going above and beyond for us. We look forward to working with you in the future.
Published: July 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
heck.. I sell car parts.. make special car parts v
heck.. I sell car parts.. make special car parts very, very well...... BUT.. I'm pretty bad when it comes to being a computer guy.. I just don't know.. don't have the time.... and till now our oscommerce sites were increasingly not really being maintained.. I NEEDED HELP.. BUT . WHO DO YOU TRUST..?? Somehow I found Rich.. MY ADVICE is don't look around.. get onto Rich.. be polite.. his bills are ok.. and his service excellent. 5 star.
Published: July 9, email@example.com
I do not often write reviews however I felt I shou
I do not often write reviews however I felt I should with Computer Geek.
I have a fair knowledge of servers and php code that I have built up since 2003. I had spent some days trying to get a new bit of stock control software to work. Having narrowed down what was causing the problem and with a few alterations managed to bring the entire site down. I am laughing about it now but 20 minutes ago I was almost sick.
Having spent an hour trying to fix it or undo the damage with no success, I contacted Richard and within 2 minutes the site was up and running and within 10 minutes the bit of software I had been trying to get to work now works.
Thank you again Richard
Published: March 21, firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the positive experience we had with Mr. Ric
Due to the positive experience we had with Mr. Rich Agnew project manager, I am writing this unsolicited strong recommendation on behalf of Mr. Rich Agnew who is a project manager at The Computer Geek Company. It is a genuine pleasure to write this unsolicited letter for Mr. Rich Agnew, who is an exceptional and talented person who has repeatedly helped us with our website that stop working with Go Daddy. Before meeting and talking to Rich Agnew, we had a horrible experience with trying to find assistance in repairing our website. No one would help, they wanted to rebuild the entire website for thousands of dollars, their estimate of costs was so unreasonable we were just going to shut down the website, we felt we could not trust anyone because of what seemed to us was smoke and mirrors, and a lack of follow-up on calling us back. Despite not knowing Mr. Rich Agnew for only a brief time, I can firmly say in all the 40 years of my practice, Rich has been consistently trustworthy with his judgment and exceptionally speedy with the completion of the project.
I feel I can apply a reliable yardstick in assessing Rich, especially since I was a Professor in the Doctoral Program at Nova University School of Professional Psychology for over 12 years. I have published over 40 scientific articles, written a book, have been in practice for over 40 years as a licensed psychologist in the state Florida, I have been a member of over 15 insurance networks in which I specialize in the treatment of children, adults, seniors and cancer patients. Finally, at the age of 69 you can imagine how many issues I have dealt with in my life and homes. Rich is the first project manager I have ever written an unsolicited letter of recommendation.
In our transactions with Rich Agnew, he has always impressed us with his expertise, competence, and his handling difficult problems. He provided all the options, recommended the best option, and carried through the project better than we expected; this is extremely rare in our society. He is mature, handled all the computer and website problems, he is dedication and has excellent corporate skills; he is caring and has an exceptional high ethical standard. I may regret ever saying all this because then he will be moved. I highly recommend Rich Agnew without any reservations. Furthermore, I know we will be contacting him yet again because of his superb excellence and honesty.
Published: January 25, email@example.com
"Rich responded to my chat inquiry and answered my
"Rich responded to my chat inquiry and answered my phone call immediately and had the move completed by the time i got back from lunch. Hands down the best experience I've had with a service provider and I won't bother looking anywhere else when my company needs this kind of help in the future."
Published: September 23, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Computer Geek team got my website up and running again within just a few hours. I was dead in the water and on a time constraint. Not knowing where to turn, I luckily found this great team and they solved my problem! Thank you guys!
Published: September 21, email@example.com
I had an issue with my website's php code (whateve
I had an issue with my website's php code (whatever that is) ??. I also needed to update my php without crashing it. I had no idea who to turn to and feared an expensive price. Somehow, I found the computer-geek. It was fixed and updated in no time without draining my wallet. I am very pleased with the service and will certainly be recommending these guys and using them again for sure!
[Read More Testimonials Here]
Latest Website Related Articles
How do I Bulk Delete and Protect Against Future Spam Comments in WordpressPublished: June 27, 2020
If you have a Wordpress website, then you're probably very familiar with how easy it is to collect spam comments in your forms. Thankfully these spam comments are harmless when untouched (don't click any suspicious links in a spam comment!) and...[Read More]
How to Check How Much Memory (RAM) I Have?Published: June 15, 2020
There's one component that's crucial in all devices, and that's Random-Access Memory, commonly abbreviated to RAM. But what is RAM? Although it sounds similar, RAM has nothing to do with how much space is on your computer. The memory in RAM is ...[Read More]
Here are some links to related topics:
joomla problems, cloud flare master, mysql guru, prestashop hacked, modx hacked, bluehost hacked,