Tricks and tips while building a high end gaming system.
Published: February 4, 2009
Here are step by step instructions for assembling high gaming end systems.
- We have chosen to use the Antec Twelve Hundred case. This is a full tower case with three fans that glow blue from the front of the case. All fans are adjustable from the front of the case. The case also includes a rear fan and a 200mm fan on the top of the case. These fans can be adjusted from the rear of the case. The side of the case is see through and can accommodate another fan.
- After taking the case out of the box, remove both sides by removing the thumb screws. Then remove the bottom hard drive bays by removing the thumb screws on both sides.
- The bay can then be removed by sliding it through the front of the case. This bay has a box of screws and accessories that has been taped to the bay.
- Install your hard drive(s) in the bay. In this case we used four 1TB Seagate SATA drives. We installed two drives in the lower bay and two drives in the upper bay.
- The next step is to untangle all of the cable inside the case.
- Next install the CPU on the motherboard. In this case we used a Core I7-920 and a Asus P6T Deluxe X58 motherboard.
- The heat sink requires that all four posts to be snapped into the motherboard. This is much easier to do before the board is installed.
- Now snap the back plate that came with the motherboard onto the back of the Antec case.
- Add three more motherboard mounting posts onto the case. These simply screw on to the case.
- Place the motherboard in the case and secure with screws.
- Install the LG 22x SATA burner. Simply remove the cover plate from the top of the case then screw the LG 22x SATA burner in place.
- Route the cables for the front of the case through the back side of the case.
- Tie the cables together with tie wraps.
- Connect the cables to the motherboard.
- Use the tie wraps to tie up any other cables that are in the box. Since this is a gaming system with a see through side you need to try to tie all the cables away from the motherboard.
- Next install the Antec TPW-1000W power supply. Connect the power supply to the motherboard using the 24pin and 8pin connectors.
- Install the ASUS VCX GTX280 1GB video card in the first PCI-E slot and connect the appropriate power cables.
- Connect the appropriate cables for the case fans, hard drives and LG DVD burner to the TPW-1000.
- Using tie wraps and straps included with the Antec Twelve Hundred, tie up all the power cables.
- Install the OCZ 1600 DDR3 -1600 memory.
- Now turn on the system and install the O/S.
- Once you know everything is working and all the cables are tied replace the sides of the Antec case and secure with thumb screws.
About the Author
Evan Freedman is an author for The Computer Geek Custom Web Page Design and for CSSZafco.com, distributor of computers and accessories. Evan has been diagnosing and fixing computer for over 25 years. Please visit the site to view a huge assortment of Computer Technology.
Published: June 6, 2022
We all have been VERY pleased with Adrian's vigila
We all have been VERY pleased with Adrian's vigilance in monitoring the website and his quick and successful repairs. Evan was also very helpful in solving all of my hacking problems. So in all aspects of the Computer Geeks we are very glad we are working with you.
Kenneth Bruscia PhD[email protected]
Published: March 28, 2022
FIVE STARS + It's true, this is the place to go fo
FIVE STARS + It's true, this is the place to go for your web site needs. In my case, Justin fixed my problem immediately. It's such a comfort to know that I can reply on these people for any and all my web needs. You will not find a better team anywhere.
Paul Adler[email protected]
Published: March 2, 2022
We reached out to Rich and his team at Computer Ge
We reached out to Rich and his team at Computer Geek in July 2021. We were in desperate need of help because our former website design agency left us hanging with major website issues that needed immediate attention. Rich and his team were extremely helpful and quick to come to our rescue! They have helped us with numerous projects that have helped our SEO. Our sales have increased 30% since coming to Computer Geek. We've been working with them for about nine months now and are very pleased with their response time and helpful manner. Rich has proven himself to be trustworthy and dependable. We feel valued as a customer and look forward to continuing a relationship with Computer Geek.
Leigh Hutchens[email protected]
Published: February 28, 2022
Just to say thank you for all the hard work. I can
Just to say thank you for all the hard work. I can't express enough how great it's been to send projects and they get done. Beyond that, your ability to work with three different folks in a personable way really has been a game changer for us. The improvements to our business because of your hard work have been significant.
Curtis Williams[email protected]
Published: February 17, 2022
I would certainly like to recommend that anyone pu
I would certainly like to recommend that anyone pursing maintenance for a website to contact The Computer Geek. I have been using another company to do some maintenance on my site with moderate success. There were issues that were evidently beyond what could be handled by them. However, the professionals at The Computer Geek had them addressed and rectified in no time at all. The Computer Geek approached all of my requests focusing on my goals and the needed performance. Then, once versed, presented me with a very reasonable price. Once the projects were in motion, I found that the tasks were achieved before I expected, with professional results. Also, in one instance where The Computer Geeks brought an issue to my attention that I would have likely overlooked. This was accompanied by a recommendation on how to solve the issue. Overall The Computer Geeks exceeded my expectations!
David Pappas[email protected]
Published: December 21, 2021
I have a important website dedicated to the local
I have a important website dedicated to the local high school going back nearly 100 years. It was suddenly infected with a virus. Rich at Computer Geek fixed it within an hour. I cannot recommend him enough. I hope it's not for a long time, but the next time I need help, Rich is who I'm gonna call.
Eric Williams[email protected]
Published: August 20, 2021
WOW! I have been wracking my brain for the past 30
WOW! I have been wracking my brain for the past 30 days trying to figure out who was hosting my company's website the domain owner, etc. Yesterday, when I googled for help and I clicked on the link to computer-geek.net and picked up the phone and called them. Rich answered and from there it was smooth sailing!
Rhonda Harding[email protected]
Published: August 1, 2021
A note to let you know how much I appreciate your
A note to let you know how much I appreciate your team's work. Justin is on top of quickly solving any issues, making changes, reliable. Finding you was one of the luckiest days of my 74 years. I'd be honored if you'd add me to your list of references. And please stay healthy and in business. I got enough headaches from other folks.
Dan Cutrer[email protected]
Published: June 27, 2021
We discovered an issue with our Oscommerce cart pr
We discovered an issue with our Oscommerce cart processing images. It is about 14 years old and heavily modified. Looking on google for some expert help I found Rich and reached out to him. We received a response the same day. The next day his team was working on our issue and was able to solve it within a few hours. Price was reasonable and we are very appreciative to find a competent and professional oscommerce expert to help successfully troubleshoot our issue.
Phillip Sirota[email protected]
Published: May 31, 2021
I'm very new to the whole idea of having a website
I'm very new to the whole idea of having a website / blog. I used Bluehost.com and WordPress.org to create Thepredatorhunter.com and then managed to wreck it. On a Sunday morning I opened chat box with Rich and within a few hours everything was fantastic! This isn't just a company for big biz, if your new and small, The Computer Geek can help you out. In trouble? Stop fretting and start typing in the chat box. You will be glad you did!
Dennis Gilmore[email protected]
[Read More Testimonials Here]
Latest Website Related Articles
Lucid to lay off 1300 employees for restructuring planPublished: March 30, 2023On Tuesday, March 2, Lucid Group, Inc. announced plans to lay off 18% of its workforce, amounting to about 1,300 employees. The news comes after Lucid released its fourth quarter and full year (FY) 2022 financial results last month.
Lucid plans to...[Read More]
Microsoft's mission to make Windows 11Published: March 30, 2023Microsoft’s mission to make Windows 11.
Windows 11 has just received an optional update which applies some useful fixes... but also something a bit more controversial for the Start menu.
As spotted by Bleeping Computer, that’d be wh...[Read More]
Here are some links to related topics:
how to create backlinks, oscommerce consultant, skuvault sdk, startlogic hacked, wordpress hacked, cloudhosted hacked,