Tricks and tips while building a high end gaming system.
Published: February 4, 2009
Here are step by step instructions for assembling high gaming end systems.
- We have chosen to use the Antec Twelve Hundred case. This is a full tower case with three fans that glow blue from the front of the case. All fans are adjustable from the front of the case. The case also includes a rear fan and a 200mm fan on the top of the case. These fans can be adjusted from the rear of the case. The side of the case is see through and can accommodate another fan.
- After taking the case out of the box, remove both sides by removing the thumb screws. Then remove the bottom hard drive bays by removing the thumb screws on both sides.
- The bay can then be removed by sliding it through the front of the case. This bay has a box of screws and accessories that has been taped to the bay.
- Install your hard drive(s) in the bay. In this case we used four 1TB Seagate SATA drives. We installed two drives in the lower bay and two drives in the upper bay.
- The next step is to untangle all of the cable inside the case.
- Next install the CPU on the motherboard. In this case we used a Core I7-920 and a Asus P6T Deluxe X58 motherboard.
- The heat sink requires that all four posts to be snapped into the motherboard. This is much easier to do before the board is installed.
- Now snap the back plate that came with the motherboard onto the back of the Antec case.
- Add three more motherboard mounting posts onto the case. These simply screw on to the case.
- Place the motherboard in the case and secure with screws.
- Install the LG 22x SATA burner. Simply remove the cover plate from the top of the case then screw the LG 22x SATA burner in place.
- Route the cables for the front of the case through the back side of the case.
- Tie the cables together with tie wraps.
- Connect the cables to the motherboard.
- Use the tie wraps to tie up any other cables that are in the box. Since this is a gaming system with a see through side you need to try to tie all the cables away from the motherboard.
- Next install the Antec TPW-1000W power supply. Connect the power supply to the motherboard using the 24pin and 8pin connectors.
- Install the ASUS VCX GTX280 1GB video card in the first PCI-E slot and connect the appropriate power cables.
- Connect the appropriate cables for the case fans, hard drives and LG DVD burner to the TPW-1000.
- Using tie wraps and straps included with the Antec Twelve Hundred, tie up all the power cables.
- Install the OCZ 1600 DDR3 -1600 memory.
- Now turn on the system and install the O/S.
- Once you know everything is working and all the cables are tied replace the sides of the Antec case and secure with thumb screws.
About the Author
Evan Freedman is an author for The Computer Geek Custom Web Page Design and for CSSZafco.com, distributor of computers and accessories. Evan has been diagnosing and fixing computer for over 25 years. Please visit the site to view a huge assortment of Computer Technology.
Published: September 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
My sites were hacked on July 22nd and Bluehost shu
My sites were hacked on July 22nd and Bluehost shut them all down till I could get them cleaned. It couldn't happen at a worse time. I didn't have the time, money or patience to deal with any of it, so I let them sit dead for 6 weeks. I wasn't happy with the company Bluehost recommended to fix them, so I spent that time looking around for other solutions.
That brought me to computer-geek. I spent time looking through everything and must have read nearly 100 testimonials. I was sold, but still didn't feel like dealing with my sites.
When I finally contacted CG, I worked with Rich Agnew to get everything going. Loved working with him. He was patient, explained things well and within minutes of sending him a startup fee he was working on the sites. Within 24 hours everything was back up and running again.
25 years ago I walked away from computer consulting. I know what a chore it can be both fixing things and working with customers to get that done. Might be why I just let things sit for 6 weeks, didn't feel like reliving any of that.
Working with Rich got rid of all the hesitancy I had. If something ever goes wrong again, the only thing that would stop me from calling CG immediately would be cash flow. I'll call them ASAP once that is resolved. If my sites ever progress from hobby sites to money makers, I'll be contacting CG to see what else they can do.
I highly recommend anyone reading this that needs help to do the same.
Published: August 24, email@example.com
I highly recommend Computer Geek. They responded quickly and are very easy to work with. Rich really took the time to listen and then gave me a quote before the work was started. I will use them again and again.
Published: August 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone running a small business these days knows t
Anyone running a small business these days knows that Digital marketing is the back bone of any service related business and it's something we've struggled with for years before connecting with Rich. The Computer Geek Web Development & Hosting have helped us gain a competitive edge in our field and Rich has been so easy to deal with and he really knows what he's doing. Even in a tough year like COVID-19 our sales are up from last year. We would like to think Rich And his team for implementing all the changes that we needed for our website with such successful results.
Published: July 24, email@example.com
Richard (The Computer Geek) has been extremely prompt with his replies, honest, very cordial, and most importantly, gets the job done quickly and professionally - a dream come true. He fixed my website in a day and I am so grateful. I've dealt with developers who charge an arm and a leg, but his fees are very fair. I've felt very comfortable working with Richard, and highly recommend him without any reservation.
Published: July 20, firstname.lastname@example.org
Small town, small cemetery with a board of volunte
Small town, small cemetery with a board of volunteers that are not computer savvy! Computer-Geek and Rich Agnew got our website cleaned up, updated and working fantastically! Fixed website up in a very short time, was extremely reasonable, and was very pleasant to deal with! Highly recommend !!!
Published: July 16, email@example.com
What a relief to know that there is a trusted reso
What a relief to know that there is a trusted resource to get your website back up and running in an emergency. The Computer Geeks quickly diagnosed and corrected the problem and had our website up and running in short order. I highly recommend The Computer Geek Company and would not hesitate to use their services in the future.
Published: July 2, firstname.lastname@example.org
I've built and managed my websites for several yea
I've built and managed my websites for several years but recently reached a point where my website was running so slowly that I had no idea where to turn. I discovered the Computer Geek website and took a chance of trusting the other great reviews there. I met Rich through the chat service on the site and he was very responsive. Within an hour of him having access to my site, he was working on the problem. He improved my site speed and identified the next steps I would need to improve the speed substantially. I highly recommend this service! Quick response, knowledgeable, reasonable rates, and available on an as-needed basis (no contract). I now have a "computer guy"! Thanks, Rich!
Published: June 19, email@example.com
Very fast, professional service with excellent com
Very fast, professional service with excellent communication throughout. Service exceeded my expectation, and the end result was just what I needed.
Published: June 5, firstname.lastname@example.org
My large Drupal 8 site was down for 5 days. I cont
My large Drupal 8 site was down for 5 days. I contacted Rich on a Friday evening at 2200 hrs CET, provided the access codes and less than 30 minutes later it was fixed. I have been online since 2003 and I have never seen work like this, Rich is a true Pro and I will definitely recommend Computer Geeks to all friends and colleagues. Many thanks, Jeremy - UK
Published: July 27, email@example.com
We were in a pinch and needed a new website built
We were in a pinch and needed a new website built fast. We stumbled upon The Computer Geek and reached out to them for a consultation. After the first call we felt it was a no brainier to go with them to build our site. The professionalism was second to none. Rich and his team built our new site with lightning speed and provided exceptional communication. We love the new website! Thank you for your professionalism, amazing communication, and always going above and beyond for us. We look forward to working with you in the future.
[Read More Testimonials Here]
Latest Website Related Articles
Microsoft is Finally Getting Rid of Internet ExplorerPublished: September 23, 2020
In a move that's been a long time coming, Microsoft is finally getting rid of Internet Explorer. The iconic browser will be officially shut down on August 17, 2021, months after Microsoft plans to stop supporting it (November 30, 2020). While i...[Read More]
Admin Seeing Submit for Review instead of Publish on WordpressPublished: September 6, 2020
Occasionally WordPress users report not being able to publish new content, even as admins. Instead of seeing the "Publish" button, the "Submit for Review" button appears instead. Luckily, there are a few ways to fix this, though not every solut...[Read More]
Here are some links to related topics:
fix my zen cart, php consulting, website malware, just host hacked, small orange hacked, media temple hacked,