Tricks and tips while building a high end gaming system.
Published: February 4, 2009
Here are step by step instructions for assembling high gaming end systems.
- We have chosen to use the Antec Twelve Hundred case. This is a full tower case with three fans that glow blue from the front of the case. All fans are adjustable from the front of the case. The case also includes a rear fan and a 200mm fan on the top of the case. These fans can be adjusted from the rear of the case. The side of the case is see through and can accommodate another fan.
- After taking the case out of the box, remove both sides by removing the thumb screws. Then remove the bottom hard drive bays by removing the thumb screws on both sides.
- The bay can then be removed by sliding it through the front of the case. This bay has a box of screws and accessories that has been taped to the bay.
- Install your hard drive(s) in the bay. In this case we used four 1TB Seagate SATA drives. We installed two drives in the lower bay and two drives in the upper bay.
- The next step is to untangle all of the cable inside the case.
- Next install the CPU on the motherboard. In this case we used a Core I7-920 and a Asus P6T Deluxe X58 motherboard.
- The heat sink requires that all four posts to be snapped into the motherboard. This is much easier to do before the board is installed.
- Now snap the back plate that came with the motherboard onto the back of the Antec case.
- Add three more motherboard mounting posts onto the case. These simply screw on to the case.
- Place the motherboard in the case and secure with screws.
- Install the LG 22x SATA burner. Simply remove the cover plate from the top of the case then screw the LG 22x SATA burner in place.
- Route the cables for the front of the case through the back side of the case.
- Tie the cables together with tie wraps.
- Connect the cables to the motherboard.
- Use the tie wraps to tie up any other cables that are in the box. Since this is a gaming system with a see through side you need to try to tie all the cables away from the motherboard.
- Next install the Antec TPW-1000W power supply. Connect the power supply to the motherboard using the 24pin and 8pin connectors.
- Install the ASUS VCX GTX280 1GB video card in the first PCI-E slot and connect the appropriate power cables.
- Connect the appropriate cables for the case fans, hard drives and LG DVD burner to the TPW-1000.
- Using tie wraps and straps included with the Antec Twelve Hundred, tie up all the power cables.
- Install the OCZ 1600 DDR3 -1600 memory.
- Now turn on the system and install the O/S.
- Once you know everything is working and all the cables are tied replace the sides of the Antec case and secure with thumb screws.
About the Author
Evan Freedman is an author for The Computer Geek Custom Web Page Design and for CSSZafco.com, distributor of computers and accessories. Evan has been diagnosing and fixing computer for over 25 years. Please visit the site to view a huge assortment of Computer Technology.
Customer Reviews:Published: March 21, 2019Due to the positive experience we had with Mr. Rich Agnew project manager, I am writing this unsolicited strong recommendation on behalf of Mr. Rich Agnew who is a project manager at The Computer Geek Company. It is a genuine pleasure to write this u...[Read More]
Grant A. Killian, Ph.D.
Published: January 25, 2019"Rich responded to my chat inquiry and answered my phone call immediately and had the move completed by the time i got back from lunch. Hands down the best experience I've had with a service provider and I won't bother looking anywhere else when my c...[Read More]
Published: September 23, 2018The Computer Geek team got my website up and running again within just a few hours. I was dead in the water and on a time constraint. Not knowing where to turn, I luckily found this great team and they solved my problem! Thank you guys!...[Read More]
Published: September 21, 2018I had an issue with my website's php code (whatever that is) ??. I also needed to update my php without crashing it. I had no idea who to turn to and feared an expensive price. Somehow, I found the computer-geek. It was fixed and updated in no time w...[Read More]
Published: September 1, 2018Great service, received a response within minutes. Problem solved next day! Prices are reasonable. Very happy! Thank you Rich....[Read More]
Published: August 7, 2018The computer geeks are gifted editors who strives to add excellence into all the work they do. They have worked with me on a pitch project for my comic book and I re-hired them to work with me on a feature film, CRY. The film genre was found footage ...[Read More]
Published: July 28, 2018Rich, you're the best! You kept this about the project, not the $$$. Your price was extremely fair. My site was down-for-the-count; and you got it back up within one hour of my initial call. I hope I don't come off racist, but it was great to hear so...[Read More]
Published: July 21, 2018We have an e-commerce website that was hijacked for ransomware and we had nowhere to go, I got a recommendation from an acquaintance to check out computer-geek and we are so glad we did. I contacted Rich on a Saturday and got a response within minute...[Read More]
Published: July 1, 2018"Thank you for your awesome & fast service at an awesome price. I will definitely be using your services again in the future if needed. A++"...[Read More]
Published: January 24, 2018Over the past 1 1/2 years I have been extremely pleased with your business operations. When I need something done on my website, the management team delivers promptly ALL THE TIME! Rich and Justin never miss a beat and the keep my "beat" pounding wh...[Read More]
[Read More Testimonials Here]
Latest Website Related Articles
Social Media and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)Published: May 17, 2019
In 2019, we live in a digital age where social media platforms can become game-changers in improving Google rankings, promoting your business and increasing website traffic. Creating social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Inst...[Read More]
What Are Doorway PagesPublished: May 10, 2019
New business owners can attract customers and generate business by creating an online presence and ranking high on Google. One of the quickest and most effective ways of increasing your rankings is to create doorway pages that will lead potenti...[Read More]
Here are some links to related topics:
great webmaster, oscommerce development, webmaster ca, hostmonster hacked, hostclear hacked, startlogic hacked,