Tricks and tips while building a high end gaming system.
Published: February 4, 2009
Here are step by step instructions for assembling high gaming end systems.
- We have chosen to use the Antec Twelve Hundred case. This is a full tower case with three fans that glow blue from the front of the case. All fans are adjustable from the front of the case. The case also includes a rear fan and a 200mm fan on the top of the case. These fans can be adjusted from the rear of the case. The side of the case is see through and can accommodate another fan.
- After taking the case out of the box, remove both sides by removing the thumb screws. Then remove the bottom hard drive bays by removing the thumb screws on both sides.
- The bay can then be removed by sliding it through the front of the case. This bay has a box of screws and accessories that has been taped to the bay.
- Install your hard drive(s) in the bay. In this case we used four 1TB Seagate SATA drives. We installed two drives in the lower bay and two drives in the upper bay.
- The next step is to untangle all of the cable inside the case.
- Next install the CPU on the motherboard. In this case we used a Core I7-920 and a Asus P6T Deluxe X58 motherboard.
- The heat sink requires that all four posts to be snapped into the motherboard. This is much easier to do before the board is installed.
- Now snap the back plate that came with the motherboard onto the back of the Antec case.
- Add three more motherboard mounting posts onto the case. These simply screw on to the case.
- Place the motherboard in the case and secure with screws.
- Install the LG 22x SATA burner. Simply remove the cover plate from the top of the case then screw the LG 22x SATA burner in place.
- Route the cables for the front of the case through the back side of the case.
- Tie the cables together with tie wraps.
- Connect the cables to the motherboard.
- Use the tie wraps to tie up any other cables that are in the box. Since this is a gaming system with a see through side you need to try to tie all the cables away from the motherboard.
- Next install the Antec TPW-1000W power supply. Connect the power supply to the motherboard using the 24pin and 8pin connectors.
- Install the ASUS VCX GTX280 1GB video card in the first PCI-E slot and connect the appropriate power cables.
- Connect the appropriate cables for the case fans, hard drives and LG DVD burner to the TPW-1000.
- Using tie wraps and straps included with the Antec Twelve Hundred, tie up all the power cables.
- Install the OCZ 1600 DDR3 -1600 memory.
- Now turn on the system and install the O/S.
- Once you know everything is working and all the cables are tied replace the sides of the Antec case and secure with thumb screws.
About the Author
Evan Freedman is an author for The Computer Geek Custom Web Page Design and for CSSZafco.com, distributor of computers and accessories. Evan has been diagnosing and fixing computer for over 25 years. Please visit the site to view a huge assortment of Computer Technology.
Published: June 27, email@example.com
We discovered an issue with our Oscommerce cart pr
We discovered an issue with our Oscommerce cart processing images. It is about 14 years old and heavily modified. Looking on google for some expert help I found Rich and reached out to him. We received a response the same day. The next day his team was working on our issue and was able to solve it within a few hours. Price was reasonable and we are very appreciative to find a competent and professional oscommerce expert to help successfully troubleshoot our issue.
Published: May 31, firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm very new to the whole idea of having a website
I'm very new to the whole idea of having a website / blog. I used Bluehost.com and WordPress.org to create Thepredatorhunter.com and then managed to wreck it. On a Sunday morning I opened chat box with Rich and within a few hours everything was fantastic! This isn't just a company for big biz, if your new and small, The Computer Geek can help you out. In trouble? Stop fretting and start typing in the chat box. You will be glad you did!
Published: March 21, email@example.com
"I worked with Rich because my website was not wor
"I worked with Rich because my website was not working due to being old and out dated. Rich explained to me the cause of the problems and gave me different options to fix the problems. Rich was able to get my website up and running very quickly and would not even charge me! I am so impressed with Rich's honesty. When it comes time I will be calling on Rich to update my site. He has earned a loyal customer. Thanks Rich!!"
Published: February 25, firstname.lastname@example.org
"WOW! I didn't expect my service request to be han
"WOW! I didn't expect my service request to be handled so quickly. I reached out to Rich for a quote to help migrate my WordPress website and heard back from him within hours. He called me to discuss and was super friendly and straight to the point. I couldn't have asked for better service. Computer Geek will definitely be my go-to for all website and IT needs! Thank you!!"
Published: February 22, 2021Frank@SafestPeople.com
I want to commend you on the brilliance of the wor
I want to commend you on the brilliance of the work Computer-Geek has accomplished for expHand Inc. During certain website issues, the company experienced that had the company website taken down through no fault of the company. After Google did not offer the assistance to reload the website, the work Computer-Geek undertook to have the expHand Inc. website updated and reinstalled was remarkable. I would suggest to any company looking for website assistance from development to rectifying big and small problems that they should contact Computer-Geek.
The personal attention given to expHand by Rich did not leave anything to chance. He worked with us as if he was a treasured employee of long-standing. How Computer-Geek continues to be of assistance delivers a continuous piece of mind. expHand will be a client for life. All the best,
Published: January 19, email@example.com If you're looking for a Joomla expert, look no fur
If you're looking for a Joomla expert, look no further. We hired The Computer Geek to migrate our Joomla site last summer. The move was smooth and successful with no down time at all. I've contacted Rich with various web development issues since then and he's always found the solution. Exceptional service at competitive prices.
Published: January 8, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rich was friendly & immediately helpful. Couldn't
Rich was friendly & immediately helpful. Couldn't get into my website to update it & had let the situation drag on for months. Clicked on this website & Rich was friendly & immediately helpful, said he could sort things out and did so with promptness & efficiency - not rushing off afterwards, but taking time to make sure the job was done properly. I'd certainly use this company again when I next have a problem. Well worth $120.
Published: January 4, email@example.com
"If you have a problem with your website, or want
"If you have a problem with your website, or want to add some special functionality, you need to deal with someone you can trust who will fix your problem without making things worse. Finding someone like this is risky. How do you know he or she can do the job? How do you know you won't be left hanging? From our direct experience you can place your trust in these guys. The word 'fantastic' is much over-used these day but these people really are fantastic. Coming fresh into our site and knowing nothing about the specific software we were using, within minutes they were fixing issues. Frankly, I have no idea how you get this good. It's almost super-human. And when they hit a speed-bump, they don't turn around and place the onus on you like many specialists or blame someone else: they just fix it and move on. I trusted our entire site to them - more than 100 man-years of content - and within days we were completely fixed."
Published: December 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website has an interface to another firm'
Our website has an interface to another firm's website so that prospective clients can leave their contact information for follow-up and tracking. This important hand-off function stopped working. I found Rich at The Computer Geek via search. He fixed this problem the same day, and improved the screen appearance for the prospective clients as well. The whole process was fast and efficient. I recommend this organization.
Published: October 31, email@example.com
Once again, Rich and his team have done it again!
Once again, Rich and his team have done it again! My outofbodies.com band website needed a quick fix that I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do - and Rich took care of it! I will always come back to these guys - they're beyond great! They're friendly, thorough and quick! Got me up and running - I highly recommend them!
[Read More Testimonials Here]
Latest Website Related Articles
How to Improve Sound Quality on ZoomPublished: July 26, 2021
These days almost everything we do is at home and online. It seems almost every day brings a new Zoom or Google Hangouts meeting. To improve the way we sound on these calls, many of us have bought USB microphones, headsets, or new computers so ...[Read More]
What is an NFTPublished: July 10, 2021
There's a new form of tech making waves and leaving loads of people confused. Is it a new cryptocurrency? Not quite. We're talking about NFT's of course, the newest buzzword in tech. NFT stands for 'non-fungible token' or in simpler terms a one...[Read More]
Here are some links to related topics:
hire a skuvault developer, speed up wordpress, toronto seo developer, wordpress hacked, zen cart hacked, verio hacked,