WordPress Site Hackers - a growing global problem!
Hackers attacking WordPress Sites is becoming a growing problem around the globe. WordPress sites fall victim because of vulnerabilities that allow hackers access. Once they have access, they may do some or all of the following things to your site:
- Commit fraud and theft on others by turning your WordPress site into a "phishing" site.
- Your site can be used to send spam emails to millions of others.
- Jeopardize customer relationships by putting malware code on your WordPress site which then install harmful viruses on your customers computers.
- Your webserver where your WordPress site resides can be used to hack into other servers.
- and much more!
- If your WordPress site already has a Virus or Malware? Don't panic - We can help!
At The Computer Geek, we have developed a proven set of solutions that will protect your WordPress site and make it as hacker resistant as possible.
- Modify your htaccess file to put up "road blocks" for known hackers and hacker bots.
- Install security patches that will mend several WordPress weaknesses.
- Boost security to your Administrative area.
- Root out and delete all vulnerable scripts in your Administrative area.
- Boost security to ensure your hosting/ftp/admin passwords are secure.
- Install script to not only lockout hackers & hacker bots, but also to trap them.
- Install our Custom Site Lock Script - We have developed a custom script that allows you to lock / unlock all your website files from the Webssite Guardian Adminstrative Area. This script locks your files so that hackers cannot access and change them. The Computer Geek is the only company that offers this lock down feature.
[Note: Not available on all server platforms.]
Contact The Computer Geeks to talk about what we can do to protect and secure your WordPress Site. We would be happy to present an estimate free of charge.
Whatever your WordPress needs are, they will be met with efficient, quality, and friendly service!
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a powerful, open source content management system that is supported by PHP and MySql. Although considered fairly new software, the development of WordPress goes back to 2001 and is thought to be a mature and stable product. Because it is open source, that means that there are hundreds of folks all over the world continually working and contributing to its development. Open source also mean it is FREE and you do not have to pay a license fee to use it.
Originally created and designed as a blogging tool (WordPress is the most popular blog software today), it has evolved into a very powerful content management system that has unlimited capabilities that exceed just blogging.
Why WordPress is perfect for your small business website!