Why you should never use cheap hosting
Published: February 18, 2009
The old adage, “You Get What You Pay For” isn’t always accurate but in the world of hosting, it's bang on.
For hosting there are only THREE things that matter.
- Website Speed
- Hosting Reliability
- Good Technical Support.
There are some mainstream hosting companies that offer hosting for $2.00 per month. The reason that they can do this is because they super saturate their servers with accounts. These main stream hosting companies may start with high end servers with all the latest software on them but, by putting too many accounts on a server, they are cheating their clients with sites that are too slow driving potential customers elsewhere. Also, the speed is inconsistent due to other user demands on those over burdened servers. You will also find that many of these mainstream hosting companies have ticket based technical support systems or when you call you get a non-interested, non-english speaking customer service representative.
- When you have a online business, don’t go cheap with your hosting. Do a little research.
- You should be probably paying roughly $25.00 - $30.00 per month.
- The company should be based in North America.
- They should have 24hours – 7day/week Telephone Based English Speaking Technical Support with reps who want to help you.
- Look for recommendations from others or from online forums talking about hosting.
- Find some websites that are hosted by the potential hosting company and see how they perform. Try a few different times of the day at both peak and non peak times.
- Keep away from ticket based support at all costs because you could become old and gray before something is actually dealt with properly.
If you are still are having trouble finding a good website host company, feel free to contact the author to get some more advice.
About the Author
Rich Agnew is an author for The Computer Geek Custom Web Page Design and for CSSZafco.com, distributor of computers and accessories. Please visit the site to view a huge assortment of Computer Technology.